The secret to my success is that we have gone to exceptional lengths to hire the best people in the world
You can’t know enough in a one hour interview
– Steve Jobs
One hundred years of research has shown that psychometric testing plays a major role in the prediction of job performance and trainability across a very wide range of job roles. Understanding the aptitudes people possess and the behavioural styles they display, are vital for making decisions about hiring, developing and engaging people.
- Tests are standardised and objective measures which can be delivered conveniently and efficiently online.
- They supplement a good interview with additional insights.
- They are benchmarked against well-sampled comparison groups.
- Tests are ‘blind’ to issues such as gender, race and socioeconomic background and therefore reduce the unconscious biases inherent in human judgement.
- If done well, testing has been shown to improve an organisation’s image and the likely acceptance of job offers.
- Tests can be among the most valid methods for identifying and developing talent.
- They contribute to wellbeing, engagement and productivity.